Thursday, June 12, 2008

Don't Be Conditioned By Your Condition

We all come from a set of experiences, belief systems, or patterns of behaving that have taught us what to expect, how to feel about what we think is possible for our lives. But it is not the conditions of our life experiences that make us. It's how we handle, interpret, and transform those conditions to fit into the overall schema of how we want our lives to work.

What do I mean?

You may be poor. You may be unemployed. You may be homeless. You may be infertile. You may be paralyzed. You may have lost loved ones. You ARE NOT your situation. You are the rebirth, the transformation, the learning, the evolution on the journey of life that has come out of these situations. Don't allow what has happened to you to become you. Don't let what you've experienced to become the standard for what you will experience.

Above and beyond all else, take your conditions and use them as catalysts into your future. Make your conditions your cheerleaders. Make your circumstances your reasons for pressing on. See your failures as results (and only that) and use them to get better, to work smarter (harder), and to persist.

Don't be conditioned by your conditions. Use your conditions to decide who you are, what you want, and how you will get it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kassandra ~ Great article! I agree completely with your way of thinking (positive thinking) and can always use a reminder! I especially enjoyed the advice to see my failures as results ... I've had some hurdles this past week and I will now see them as RESULTS! Thanks ... *SmiLes* Suzanne

Lukeither Willingham said...

Kassandra, this was a profoundly deep article and I needed to read this. I know it was my fate to run accross this article at this point in my life.
"Make your conditions your cheerleaders." This mantra will serve me very well in my personal challenges.
Best Wishes, Lukeither
RYZE